Beiträge von Geo ZGA

Today the roof rack was done, had some bars welded in the back and a wind deflector in the front.

47498635zq.jpg

I also installed the led bar (aliexpress, under 100 euro wiring included). Button also from aliexpress, cheap. Will have to find another place for it, I don't like it there.

47498639xk.jpg

47498642ii.jpeg

I hid the wires by the windshield and I used hot glue to keep the wire in place on the roof gutter.

47498644nk.jpeg 47498646xi.jpeg

Today I changed the front speakers, the sound is much better, I can turn it up to max. Could use a little more volume but it's fine as it is, 99% of the time the volume is low. When the weather will be warmer, I will put some STP, front and back.

47491168hs.jpg

47491170th.jpg

47491171ft.jpg

And since I took the door panels out, I installed the heated mirror glass. Inspiration from this forum, it wasn't very hard. Should the "heat" sign on the glass be illuminated? Mine isn't... but they do heat up, so it's fine.

47491179pe.jpg

47491181zl.jpg

47491182bp.jpg

47491180qj.jpg

I ordered aluminum pipe and bends, 32mm (will go inside the roof rack).

Today I got some more "aliexpress tuning", a small antena (I don't listen to radio) and some sun glass holders.

47396749nl.jpg

47396751wd.jpg

47396752ii.jpg

#1 yes, that's what I'm planning, I'm going today to a welding shop to see what they think. Unfortunately it's aluminum (yes, it's light), so finding the right pipe is going to be more difficult. This is how it looked like originally

47387857gh.jpg

#2 I also have a light bar I want to install on the roof rack. It's curbed and slim, my idea was to incorporate it somehow in the front wind deflector of the roof rack.

I got some new "oem like" ashtrays.

47387121dl.jpg

And 2 days ago I installed the roof rack... unfortunately, the old owner cut the front and back parts, to make it like a platform. At about 80-90km/h it vibrates and rezonates really hard. Over and under that speed, no problem. I'll have to figure out how to fix this.

47387124xs.jpg

On Saturday I installed the underbody protections.

47306790ap.jpg

And yesterday I made a trunk box. I need to get some more glue for the carpet but it's a 10 minutes job. I also put some STP on the trunk floor, for noise and vibration.

47306797ah.jpg

47306798dw.jpg

47306799yq.jpg

47306800lz.jpg

In the picture above I would say incorrectly installed, the fender flares must be under the original ones.

You might be right... it was late and I didn't think about that. First time I get some time, I'll try it under the original ones, see how it fits.

I'm not sure how the adhesive will last... but there is always superglue :)

It's almost impossible to get them in Western Europe. I got them from Moldova, since I'm close to it, with the help of a friend of a friend who lives there.

They cost almost 200 euros, about half the price of what you find in EU. They fit 99% ok, I'm pleased with them. 215/75/15 doesn't rub, so all good here.

47281548us.jpg47281549xi.jpg

Installed some more "aliexpress tuning" today.

Heat/noise protection for the engine hood, easy.47280511ef.jpg

Some rubber protection for the doors, because my son alreay hit the drivers door. Twice.

47280512hd.jpg

And some magnetic caps for the door, just to hide the chrome.

47280514ot.jpg

As for the armrest... well, I screwed up. First time I installed it, seemed ok, put everything in place... too high. I had already cut the textile from the seat, after moving the armrest lower now I have a hole. I'll have to patch it up.

47280520ps.jpg

47280528py.jpg

Hi Geo ZGA,

you are preparing the Jimny for a longer friendship, looks fine!

Are those inner wheel arch protectors the original ones from Suzuki? Where did you purchase them and at what costs?

Hi TBert. They are made in Russia, I got them from Moldova, someone helped me get them (friend of a friend). The cost was a little under 200 euro, compared to the ones from EU at 4-500 euro they are quite cheap. The only problem is getting them in the EU, for me it was easier because I'm close.

I used the original pins, for the front you can't use the original protectors anymore and I need to transfer the small rubber part that is attached to them. For the back it's easy, since Suzuki didn't fit any :)) They also come with some pins.

https://enter.online/produse-auto/carenaje-pentru-roata?filter=298-98234_299-97862

A big thank you to klowo, who helped me with the codes for the russian ones.

I also got 4 (2 front, 2 back) steel underbody protectors at about 180 euro, this were the last ones he found and only sold as a set. I'll see when I can install them.

For the rear I can get a bracket for 40-50 euro. If I also need it for the front, that means adjustable rods, 200-250 euro. Still ok.

If it offends people, you can delete them (I can still see them) and I'll try not to post pictures of it... it's not something to be ashamed of, nothing related to war crimes, it's just some "guy" I admire for his honour, tactics and leadership. He gained fame in my country, figthing against my people but I still admire him.