Panzer 2 - my new Jimny

• I got some new "oem like" ashtrays.

47387121dl.jpg

And 2 days ago I installed the roof rack... unfortunately, the old owner cut the front and back parts, to make it like a platform. At about 80-90km/h it vibrates and rezonates really hard. Over and under that speed, no problem. I'll have to figure out how to fix this.

47387124xs.jpg

• And 2 days ago I installed the roof rack... unfortunately, the old owner cut the front and back parts, to make it like a platform. At about 80-90km/h it vibrates and rezonates really hard. Over and under that speed, no problem. I'll have to figure out how to fix this.

Search Pictures of the original look of the roof rack and rebuilt the missing parts.

After i installed my extra high beam light bar under my roof rack, i had the same problems!

My fix was using now higher mounting feets for the roof rack, so that the difference between the roof and the roof rack is now 4 cm higher.

• #1 yes, that's what I'm planning, I'm going today to a welding shop to see what they think. Unfortunately it's aluminum (yes, it's light), so finding the right pipe is going to be more difficult. This is how it looked like originally

47387857gh.jpg

#2 I also have a light bar I want to install on the roof rack. It's curbed and slim, my idea was to incorporate it somehow in the front wind deflector of the roof rack.

• I also have a light bar I want to install on the roof rack. It's curbed and slim, my idea was to incorporate it somehow in the front wind deflector of the roof rack.

That's a good idea!

My high beam is under the roof rack, because above i have another light bar without road legal permission.

On the picture you can see the high beam under the roof rack and the working light above.

44530375no.jpg

44879261to.jpg

• Today I changed the front speakers, the sound is much better, I can turn it up to max. Could use a little more volume but it's fine as it is, 99% of the time the volume is low. When the weather will be warmer, I will put some STP, front and back.

47491168hs.jpg

47491170th.jpg

47491171ft.jpg

And since I took the door panels out, I installed the heated mirror glass. Inspiration from this forum, it wasn't very hard. Should the "heat" sign on the glass be illuminated? Mine isn't... but they do heat up, so it's fine.

47491179pe.jpg

47491181zl.jpg

47491182bp.jpg

47491180qj.jpg

• Today the roof rack was done, had some bars welded in the back and a wind deflector in the front.

47498635zq.jpg

I also installed the led bar (aliexpress, under 100 euro wiring included). Button also from aliexpress, cheap. Will have to find another place for it, I don't like it there.

47498639xk.jpg

47498642ii.jpeg

I hid the wires by the windshield and I used hot glue to keep the wire in place on the roof gutter.

47498644nk.jpeg 47498646xi.jpeg